Sponsor a child

What is the average processing time for unmarried children over 21?

Unmarried adult sons and daughters generally have longer processing times than children under 21, and there are also variations depending on whether the son or daughter is the child of a U.S. citizen or a a lawful permanent resident, or a “green card holder”. Finally, the processing time for a case depends on where it is processed and where the interview, if any, will ultimately take place.

Form I-130 requests filed by U.S. citizens for single sons and daughters over 21 take an average of 29 to 37 months nationwide, with the shortest processing time at the Nebraska Service Center and the longest handling time at the Vermont service center.

Average processing times for petitions filed by legal sponsors of permanent residents range from 18 months at the Texas Service Center to 59.5 months at the California Service Center.

On average, you can expect to wait about 3 to 4 years to receive an I-130 petition approval as an unmarried son or daughter over the age of 21 of a US citizen or green card holder.

Once the I-130 petition is approved, adult sons and daughters must wait for an immigrant visa number become available. Due to country caps on the number of visas issued each year, wait times can vary significantly, with family members from China, India, Mexicoand The Philippines deal with wait times and backlogs that, in some cases, span decades.

Boundless can help you include your children in your green card application for just $450 per child.

#average #processing #time #unmarried #children

Related Articles

Back to top button